NOTE: THIS EVENT IS NOW PASSED
The next Designed in Cairns seminar is on Women and Design in the Tropics and the organisers are looking for one more speaker.
Held at the Cairns Institute on Thursday 6 August from 5:30pm, the event will have panel format, with each speaker presenting for 10-15 mins, followed by a Q-and-A-style session on the topic, facilitated by Shaneen Fantin.
- Jane Hannan, Director, Clarke and Prince
- Gisela Jung, Senior Architect and Urban Designer, CA Architects
- Kelly Reaston, General Manager, Planning and Environment, Cairns Regional Council
- Dr Lisa Law, Senior Lecturer and Geographer, JCU
- Anne Marie Campagnolo, Interior Designer, Communications, Jesse Bennett Architects
The organisers are keen for the voice of younger women to also be heard. They are seeking one more female speaker who is a graduate architect, under 30 years of age, who has been working and living in the tropics. Please contact Shaneen Fantin directly if you are interested in contributing.