The AASA welcomes submissions for its Education Prize for Early Career Academics, with a deadline of 2 August 2019.
Under its pedagogy portfolio, the Association of Architecture Schools of Australasia (AASA) offers an opportunity for early career academics at AASA member universities to gain recognition through a peer-reviewed competition that will evaluate work in design studio pedagogy, non-traditional research, and traditional research outputs.
The creation of this initiative is a response to the lack of acknowledgement of early career academics’ efforts supporting architectural education. The award aims to provide recognition of excellence or leadership in teaching for early career academics, but also to promote the work taking place at member programs through an open forum for dissemination and exchange that highlights different approaches to architectural education and research. It will support early career academics by providing an esteem opportunity and measurable output. It will also demonstrate to a wider community the work of AASA programs, articulate the value of architectural education and research, and provide an opportunity for exchange of ideas and approaches between institutions.
Timelines and procedure
- Deadline for submissions: 2 August 2019 midnight AEDT
- Jury convenes and successful awardees contacted by 16 August 2019
- Prize funding disbursed to the member institutions by 1 September 2019
- Exhibition at local venue (to be confirmed), Auckland: 30 September to 4 October 2019
- Exhibition opening and moderated presentation/discussion with all prize winners and AASA AGM delegates (including public invitation to attend) on 1 October 2019 @ 6pm