Deadly Djurumin and Parlour are delighted to present a series of yarns from the perspective of First Nations women. Held on the first Friday of each month, the yarns are convened by Sarah Lynn Rees and Danièle Hromek. We look forward to seeing you there!
Watch Sarah and Danièle chat about the aims and intent of the Deadly Djurumin Yarns, and discuss their motivations for establishing Deadly Djurumin.
Also, check out Voices of Country, Danièle’s excellent recommendations for reading, listening and viewing to increase understanding and knowledge of Aboriginal cultures.
Formal CPD is available for each session. We will provide a set of questions for each session, which will ask you to reflect on what you have learned, and what it means in the context of your professional practice.
The response can be submitted via an online form. You will receive an email with your responses as evidence of attendance and completion for the session. Please keep the response email for your records. If you don’t get the email please check your spam folder
The learning objectives of the series as a whole relate to the Practice Management and Design Units of Competency and are as follows:
- To increase knowledge of Country and Cultural Authority among built environment practitioners
- To improve understanding of the roles and experiences of of Indigenous practitioners
- To increase understanding of authorship in relation to cultural knowledge and the implications of this in design contexts
- To develop understanding of working respectfully and effectively with Traditional Custodians and Knowledge Holders
- To increase understanding of the impact of design projects on Country
- To support respectful and meaningful communication
The first Deadly Djurumin Yarn was held at the start of September.
$35 standard or $10 concession (anyone who needs it – students, those not working, part-timers etc). The proceeds will help support Deadly Djurumin activities.
Bookings are now open for the sessions in October, November and December 2021. If you would like to book more than one session, select your first session and head to the checkout. Then, in the pop up window, select ‘Buy more tickets’ to add more sessions before making payment.